Daman-e-Koh is a viewing point and hilltop garden north of Islamabad and located in the middle of the Margalla Hills. Its name is a conjunction of two Persian words, which together means foothills. It is about 2400ft from sea level and almost 500ft from the city of Islamabad. It is a popular destination for the residents as well as the visitors to the capital.
Monkeys are a common sight during winter. Cheetahs are frequently reported to descend from higher hills of Murree during snowfall.
View Sides:When you reach Daman -e- Koh you can clearly view the whole Islamabad but following points will be at the most amazing view;
- Faisal Mosque
- Seventh Avenue (Islamabad)
- Rawal Lake
- The Centaurus Mall
Hotels to Stay
Five and Three Star Hotels
- Islamabad Serena Hotel (Located in G-5)
- Islamabad Marriott Hotel (Located in F-5)
- Envoy Continental Hotel (Located in Blue Area)
- Hill View Hotel (Located in F-7)
- The Islamabad Hotel (Located in G-6)
Economy Hotels and Guest Houses:
- Apex Inn Guest House
- Hotel Crown Plaza
- Paramid Guest House
- Grace Guest House
- The Riviera Guest House
In transport service you have the following option:
- Local Taxi
- Private Cabs
Note: It is almost difficult to find public to transport to visit different places of Islamabad, so, it is better to opt for above options without wasting time and energy. Uber and Careem are much cheaper options than Taxi and Cabs
Near By Places to Visit
- The Monal Restaurant, located around 9 km from Islamabad city in the mid of Margalla Hills.
- Pir Sohawa, located 17 kilometers from Islamabad on top of Margalla Hills.
- Highland Resort Restaurant, located in KPK, still up on the Margalla Hills.
- Islamabad Zoo, located at the foot of Margalla Hills.
- Japanese Children Park, located beside Islamabad Zoo.
Article posted by Admin on 01-09-2018 and is viewed 245 times